Evaluation of a product allows you to verify the first impression customers have of a new product, and provides an opportunity to find out whether they would be willing to buy it and replace their current one, and for how much. You can also ask users what needs to be refined and what solutions they already like.
What do customers think of your products?
Sometimes the gap between what the project team and customers think about a new product is considerable. When working on new solutions, it’s a good idea to listen to the voice coming from your market, as it will ultimately determine the financial success of your company.
Seeking feedback on what customers think of your products is crucial to understanding your audience and the direction in which your product should evolve. Feedback can be collected regularly through online surveys.
Product evaluation – survey template:
A new product evaluation study can include one or more questions. The more you find out, the more interesting data you will collect for analysis. Remember, however, that a survey that is too long may discourage the user. However, the following questions are worth including in the survey:
- What is your first impression upon learning about the new product?
- How would you rate the value for money?
- If the product were available today, how likely is it that you would buy it?
- How likely are you to replace the existing products you use with our product?
- What would you improve about the new product to better meet your needs?
- What do you like best about it?